Rats are a major risk to our health and up to 60% carry disease. Our 24/7 call answering service will insure there is always a person to handle any problem you are having with rats swiftly and professionally.
SIGNS OF RATS IN YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
- Damaged goods/stock.
- Gnawed woodwork (doors/skirting).
- Rat droppings (1-2cm long – sausage shaped).
- Rats leave a distinctive smell behind, it could be compared to ammonia and can be very strong in enclosed areas.
- Rats have a protective coating of grease on their body and as they rub against surfaces they leave a smear behind. You often find rats take the same route over and over, this is known as a rat run.
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH A RAT INFESTATION
- Up to 60% of rats carry potentially lethal diseases like Weil’s Disease and spread infections such as Salmonella or Hantavirus.
- Rats urinate every 15 to 20 minutes. Their main intake is liquids so this cycle is quite consistent.
- The underside of a rat gets soaked in urine which gets dragged across food preparation surfaces, over stock and anywhere a rat has been spreading bacteria and disease as it goes.
- When awake rats can spend up to 40% of their time gnawing and with sharp teeth can gnaw through electric cables, plastic, wood and even mild steel.
- Damage to buildings, goods and stock.
- Damage to fire alarm systems.
- Potential cnsequences for a business
- Temporary closure could last 2-3 weeks until the problem is sorted.
- Failure to comply with required health and safety standards could result in legal action.
- Damage to reputation.
TIME FOR ACTION
For expert advice on rat control & prevention, or to discuss putting a pest control management system in place for your business, please do not hesitate to contact us.